Continuing Education Grant Guidelines
- Only NWKLS Member Library personnel are eligible for Grants.
- Grants will be awarded for workshops, conferences, meetings, and other events related to the applicantâ€™s job or professional development.
- Grants will be awarded as they are received until funds are expended.
- When possible, applications should be submitted to the NWKLS Office 30 days in advance of the event.
- First priority will be given to those who have not received a grant during the preceding twelve months. Grant awards will not exceed $250 per applicant per year.
- Eligible grant expenses may include travel costs and registration fees, when not paid by your institution.
- Grant decisions will be made according to the grant guidelines. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application within two weeks of submission. Checks will be mailed to approved applicants the day after the next regularly scheduled Executive Committee meeting.
- Grant recipients may be requested to share information about the program or conference attended, either through the NWKLS Vertical Files or as a presentation at a System meeting or workshop.
- In the event the applicant is unable to attend the funded activity, grant funds must be reimbursed to the System.